The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Calgary Trip

Started by Vancouver, April 06, 2018, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

I'll be heading to Calgary next month for 3 days. The plan is Calgary Zoo, Calgary Tower, Heritage Park Historical Village, and The Core Shopping Centre. Any suggested tourist attractions from the Albertans here? I'm thinking of either renting a car from the airport or sign up for that EVO car share thing. It's the pandas that I want to photograph. I do not want to venture off too far from the downtown hotel.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I'll be heading to Calgary next month for 3 days. The plan is Calgary Zoo, Calgary Tower, Heritage Park Historical Village, and The Core Shopping Centre. Any suggested tourist attractions from the Albertans here? I'm thinking of either renting a car from the airport or sign up for that EVO car share thing.

Hello TheVancouverGuy, it's so very nice to see you here.

ac_smile

You picked a good time because the pandas will be at our wonderful zoo.

Vancouver

Fashionista do you live in Calgary? I want to photograph the pandas. Also see the Polar Bears.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Fashionista do you live in Calgary? I want to photograph the pandas. Also see the Polar Bears.

I sure do live in Calgary TVG..

It will be very busy at the zoo..

I would also suggest the Glenbow Museum and Chinook Centre, both accessible by C Train.

Bricktop

We have pandas in Adelaide.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/548/19020586566_8e7d0f4922.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I'll be heading to Calgary next month for 3 days. The plan is Calgary Zoo, Calgary Tower, Heritage Park Historical Village, and The Core Shopping Centre. Any suggested tourist attractions from the Albertans here? I'm thinking of either renting a car from the airport or sign up for that EVO car share thing. It's the pandas that I want to photograph. I do not want to venture off too far from the downtown hotel.

Depending on what time in May you go, Heritage Park may not be open yet. But, Albertans would know that better than me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We have pandas in Adelaide.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/548/19020586566_8e7d0f4922.jpg">

When did you get them?

Bricktop

Been around 5 years now. They are supposed to be breeding, but the male seems to be gay.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Been around 5 years now. They are supposed to be breeding, but the male seems to be gay.

Isn't that just like China. Sending their non-conformists abroad.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I'll be heading to Calgary next month for 3 days. The plan is Calgary Zoo, Calgary Tower, Heritage Park Historical Village, and The Core Shopping Centre. Any suggested tourist attractions from the Albertans here? I'm thinking of either renting a car from the airport or sign up for that EVO car share thing. It's the pandas that I want to photograph. I do not want to venture off too far from the downtown hotel.

Depending on what time in May you go, Heritage Park may not be open yet. But, Albertans would know that better than me.

Heritage Park opens Victoria Day weekend, so TheVancouverGuy may want to consider that when planning his trip.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Been around 5 years now. They are supposed to be breeding, but the male seems to be gay.

ac_lmfao

Anonymous

lol, that's so true.

:laugh:

Vancouver

In late May it should be roughly 17c? I guess I'll rent a Jeep Wrangler at the airport. Hope the Calgary Zoo is as spectacular as it sounds. I was at the Greater Vancouver Zoo four times this year.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"In late May it should be roughly 17c? I guess I'll rent a Jeep Wrangler at the airport. Hope the Calgary Zoo is as spectacular as it sounds. I was at the Greater Vancouver Zoo four times this year.

Calgary has the best zoo in Canada in my opinion..

Be sure to see the dinosaur park next to it.

If when you arrive coincides with Victoria Day weekend, Heritage Park may be open..

Have a wonderful trip TVG.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Oh, and what kind of food do you like TVG?

Maybe I can recommend a couple of restaurants.